Wednesday, May 27

WFW: The Way of Man

I was wondering if I was going to contribute to Word-filled Wednesday this week. No verse had really spoken to me (or I haven't been listening, more likely.) A friend posted as her FaceBook status tonight "Jeremiah 10:23". I looked it up, and it was just what I needed to hear.

O LORD, I know the way of man is not in himself;
It is not in man who walks to direct his own steps


I was inspired to find a picture to go with this verse. I didn't find quite what I was looking for, so I settled on a different type of picture. I put the verse in and added some font-fun, and then took time to study this photo more as I was meditating on the verse.

Photobucket

The footprints are headed directly toward the mountain, but before this walker can get there, he has to climb a steep dune. Our goal is the Mountain of God, the Highest of High. God is leading us there, and will help us keep a straight path, our goal in focus. He will also help us over the hazards, never letting go of our hand.

When I get to that steep, tall, treacherous dune, I could let go of Him, and make my way around it, meandering until I find a more gentle climb, an easier trek. But there's always the chance that once the goal is out of my line of sight, I'll get lost.

God's way isn't always easy, but I'll never walk it alone. And He'll get me to the top of that Mountain.

Peace, love, hugs, and prayers.

Siggy

"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes."
Psalm 18:24 (Msg)


Visit Amy Deanne's blog, "The Hundred Acre Wood", for more inspired art!
Blogger