Wednesday, March 14

Cleaning up in a Blood Bath - Word Filled Wednesday



I might be making an assumption, but when you think of blood, you probably don't think of clean. It's illogical, right? Blood, especially in the age of AIDS and other raging blood-borne diseases, is something to be handled with care, or avoided at risk to your health and life. But since when are God or His ways logical to mankind? Since never.

When Jesus told His followers in John 6:54 "Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day", they grumbled that this teaching was too hard, they were offended, and many turned back and followed Him no more. (It does sound creepy, doesn't it?)

And in addition to eating his flesh and drinking His blood, we are to bathe in his blood. And THAT will make us clean. Yep. Sounds pretty illogical. But God says, "My ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:9)

That's where faith comes in. Faith that, even when I don't understand, I can trust God.

Be blessed,
Cat


Visit the Internet Cafe,
home of Word Filled Wednesday,
for more visual scripture,
and a daily dose of inspiration!




Catrina Bradley
"God rewrote the text of my life when I open the book of my heart to his eyes." Psalm 18:24 (Msg)