Monday, October 5

Book Review: "Kabul24"


I'm happy to announce that I am now a Thomas Nelson Book Review Blogger!  My first book was Kabul24 by Henry O. Arnold and Ben Pearson, and I enjoyed this read on so many levels.



The Taliban has taken control of Afghanistan, and they have targeted Shelter Now International as an infidel organization out to convert the Afghani people to Christianity. A trap is set; a trust is betrayed; and 24 SNI workers - eight Westerners and 16 Afghani employees - are taken prisoner.

Kabul24 is the true story of how faith and divine intervention sustained 24 innocent men and women as they suffered over three months of captivity at the hands of madmen.

This book offered an intimate look beyond what I read in the papers or saw on the news. I was invited inside the dank prison cells and into the hearts, thoughts, fears, and prayers of the 24 SNI workers held by the Taliban, never knowing if they’d live to see tomorrow.

The SNI mission workers have nothing but compassion for the Afghani people, and their love and kindness help them build lasting relationships with their fellow prisoners. I was uplifted and encouraged by their constant hope in God and their faith that His will and purpose was being fulfilled through them.

I was expecting a tell-all tale of the horrors of being held hostage by one of the most evil empires in current history. What I found instead is a tale of hope and courage. Of quiet strength and faithful urgency – a compelling combination that resulted in a book I could not quit reading.


Catrina Bradley

"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes."
Psalm 18:24 (Msg)


I review for Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers