Wednesday, June 24

An Honest Scrap




I've been slacking at my blogging lately, which makes me even more grateful for the honor that my friend Karlene has bestowed upon me. Please visit her blog, The Joyful Scribe, where she shares her heart and her God-given gift of writing.

Karlene honored me with the "Honest Scrap" award. Well, if I'm not honest when writing about my Creator and Savior, then I'm a very poor witness for Him indeed. To receive this award, I have to list ten honest things about myself. Then I have to pass this award on to other bloggers who inspire and lift me up. So here goes - off the top of my head....

1. I hate getting up in the morning.

2. I love the person my daughter has grown up to be. She's 25 now (which is amazing seeing as how I'm only 29! Ok that wasn't honest but I'm sure you heard my tongue in my cheek, right?) and she is a truly amazing lady. I thank God for watching over her when I couldn't.

3. I depend too much on my husband, but he makes it so easy! He'd do anything for me, including telling me what I SHOULDN'T have him do.

4. I took my salvation and my God's grace for granted for way too many years. I hate that I wasted all that time that I could have been basking in His full blessings instead of skating on the surface of His glory.

5. I teach 1st and 2nd grade kids in Sunday School, and they teach me how to have the pure, simple faith and joy of a child again.

6. I love to go camping: roasting weenies over an open fire; watching the flames dance in the dark and being mesmerized by their ever-changing choreography; sleeping in a tent with the orchestra of nature singing me to sleep; the chill of morning air that is unique to a campground.

7. I adore the beach! I could stare at the ocean for hours. And I'm a tanaholic (always with sunscreen, mind you!)

8. I'm prone to fits of anger.

9. I'm addicted to FaceBook and FaithWriters. I've been a member of a Yahoo group - The Excellent Wives for YEARS. I have many near and dear friends that I've never actually "met" but I feel closer to them than many of my "real" friends.

10. I have no doubt that the prayers of the righteous and faithful are powerful, and that God is ALWAYS listening.

Whew! So there are the first 10 honest things about me that came to mind. And now to share this honor with others who share Honest Scraps of themselves with the bloggy world. I wish I could honor tons more friends, but I chose a few who are very deserving of this award.

Peter Stone - When I Am Weak, Then I Am Strong - Peter's chronicles and heartsharings about his journey through depression have blessed me so much! I know I'm not alone in the dark places.

Dee Yoder - My Heart's DeeLight Dee really is a DEElight, and always brings me smile.

Seema Bagai - Patchwork of Solace - Seema has just started this blog so we can follow along as she writes a novel. I consider her a friend, and her humble spirit humbles me!

Melinda - And Now You Know - I've only recently "met" Melinda through the blogosphere, but I already know I like what she has to say!!!

Teresa Lee Rainy - At My Table - Teresa shares her life honestly and with reverence to God, and I love sharing her days with her at her table.

Please pay these bloggers a visit, and you'll find out why I chose them for this award.

Siggy

"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes."
Psalm 18:24 (Msg)