Saturday, June 6

Observing the Ants

I've been in this funky emotional state for a while now. I was outside a minute ago sitting on my bench, and I was led to pray that God let me see His way, His will, and most especially guide me to it. I prayed that His Word would be a constant light unto my path, a light unto my feet. My head was down, but my eyes were open. I was observing the ants beneath my feet doing their meet and greet routine.

Ants fascinate me. I love to watch then scurry down their trail, never deviating from the path already laid by the ants before them. Each time an ant meets a fellow ant coming from the opposite direction, the two stop, greet each other, and then go on their way. Are they sniffing each other? Passing along vital information? Or as Paul instructed, greeting each other with a holy kiss?

My mind was making up conversations they might be having.

"Am I on the right track? Is this the way?"

"Yes, you're doing fine. Yes, you are on the right path."

The next ant he meets, the same conversation takes place.

God has a path, a way, a road, for each of His children. Unlike the ants, each Christian's personal path is different, but if we stay on it, we'll end up right where God wants us to be. When I'm walking this path, I'm always meeting people who have walked before me. I need to be like the ants, stop and ask, "Is this the right way?" God has put people in my path for this very reason, people who have gone before me and can guide me and give me counsel. In turn, when I meet an "ant" who asks me, "Am I on the right track?" I need to be ready and prepared to assure them, "Yes, keep going, you are doing fine," or "You need to move a little to the right."

- Pro 15:22 -
"Without counsel, plans go awry, But in the multitude of counselors they are established." Proverbs 15:22


Siggy

"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes."
Psalm 18:24 (Msg)