Wednesday, June 3

WFW: Our God is Generous

Having made it through Jeremiah, then Lamentations, and now into Ezekiel this month as I read my way through the Old Testament, I'm finding myself falling into a pit of depression. I don't know if it's the prophets or my own chemically imbalanced brain, or maybe a combination, but I needed something to give me encouragement and joy this week. Last night I snubbed Ezekiel and asked God to bring me to something more joyful. My Bible opened to Romans and I heaved a sigh of relief as I poured His promises into my spirit.

Since I'm reading the prophets in The Message, that was the Bible in which I read "We can't round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit." (Romans 5:5)




Ahhh. Thank you Father. Exactly what I needed.

Siggy

"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes."
Psalm 18:24 (Msg)



Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to visit eLisa at Extravagant Grace for more visual inspiration from scripture!