Wednesday, February 25

Word-filled Wednesday: Stepping off the path

I have a love-hate relationship with convicting sermons. I love how a Word I've heard preached many times is delivered in just the right way, and I say, "ohhhh!.. uh ohhh." And the hate, of course is for the gut-twist that follows the "uh ohh."

Pastor's point-packed lesson on Joshua 1 tonight inspired my WFW. He spoke at length on Verse 7.


Be strong and very courageous.
Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you;
do not turn from it to the right or to the left
,
that you may be successful wherever you go.
Joshua 1:7



What convicted me tonight was his point on the words I have bolded above: "Do not turn from it to the right or to the left". When God says THIS is what you are to do, don't step to the right or to the left and say, "Ok, God, I hear ya, but this is way is almost the same and just as good."

I found this photo to illustrate Joshua 1:7 - I think it would be a fun challenge to walk on that narrow path. (I have a thing for paths, stepping stones, boardwalks, and stuff like that. But that's probably another blog entirely) Soon enough, though, the grass would start to look really inviting, and oooo - I want to climb on that rock!



When we are walking the way that God has set for us, the temptations on the side of the path make it hard not to step off to the right for just a minute and go run and play. When I get to Heaven, I'm likely to bonk my head on the pearly gates because I'm just a bit off the path.

Peace & Love & Jesus Hugs
Cat


For more Word inspired art, run to the 160 Acre Woods and visit Amydeanne!!!