Monday, February 7

Monday Manna: Trust Me (Exodus14:13-14)

  The purpose of Monday Manna to get together and get to know Christ more through His Word. Monday Manna is hosted by Joanne Sher at her blog "An Open Book".  You are welcome to add own thoughts and link up on her blog.



I’ve said it before: when the Lord has a word he wants me to hear, he drives it home, over and over and over, from sources varied and wide. Joanne’s Monday Manna passage this week is no exception. These verses, like so many passages of Scripture can be summed up in the two-word message God has been broadcasting to me lately:

“Trust Me.”



Moses answered the people,
“Do not be afraid. Stand firm
and you will see the deliverance
the LORD will bring you today.
The Egyptians you see today you will never see again.
The LORD will fight for you;
you need only to be still.”

Exodus 14:13-14


The Israelites, faced with a literal dead end in their flight from Pharaoh’s army, were rightfully frightened. But they rebuked God instead of asking for His favor. They moaned and whined and worried and complained.

In all honesty, I’m afraid I would have been right there among the whiners.

This is what I hear God saying to me through this passage: "Trust Me. No matter what I ask you to do, no matter what happens, I’ve got your back. You say you trust me, so why are you stagnating? You’re not helpless; you’re flailing around in a quagmire of your own imagining. Dig your heels into that solid rock and stand on my promises. Come on, get up. It’s time for you to move.”

God has been preparing me for surrender this year, and I regret not better recording my journey so far, as was my intent when I changed my blog. I hope one of the results is that I’ll be able to abandon all fear (and whining, moaning, complaining, etc.) and march straight toward whatever raging river He wants me to cross next. And if I stay silent, stand firm, let Him fight FOR me, my faith will be enough to part seas...and move mountains.


Catrina Bradley
"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes." Psalm 18:24 (Msg)