Sunday, October 18

Monday Manna: What is Man?

Monday Manna




I've often read (and enjoyed) Joanne Sher's Monday Manna, but her verse this week begged me to participate in her meme for the first time. [Yes, I know I'm a day early, but I'm eager.;)]

In Joanne's words, "The purpose of Monday Manna is to get together and get to know Christ more through His Word." Click on over to add your own thoughts, photo, artwork, song, or what ever the Spirit moves you to share on the following scripture:

When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? Psalm 8:3-4

Photobucket

A moonless night in the farmland of Iowa can descend on you like a heavy blanket. The thick darkness extinguishes any trace of the city lights burning miles and miles away. From horizon to horizon, billions of stars blaze and twinkle and glimmer. The Milky Way can be seen in all its glory.


As a child growing up in Iowa, I could stare at the stars (or the clouds, for that matter) for hours, in wonderment of God's creation. I felt very tiny lying on a blanket in the yard, surrounded by its depth, its breadth, its vastness. And the pull of the heavens' majesty never lessened as I grew to adulthood.

Here in Georgia, I still stare at the stars in awe and wonder of God's Glory, and I still feel small, but I don't feel insignificant. I feel humbled.


The God who spoke the universe into existence and brought life to a lump of clay with merely a breath, the God that made these majestic heavens, created each star and planet, crafts the ever-changing clouds, and paints a unique and breathtaking sunset each and every day - He loves me. He cares for me. He hears me. He thinks about me!

He created the beauty and majesty of our world for me.

He could have made earth ugly and distasteful to man, but He chose to make it beautiful so man would enjoy it.

What an amazing God, praise His Name!

Catrina Bradley

"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes."
Psalm 18:24 (Msg)