Tuesday, July 14

WFW: Revive Me


"Revive me according to Your lovingkindness"
Psalm 119:88




I have a confession.

I know Psalm 119 is famous, mostly for being the longest Book in the Bible, but before this week I had read it from start to finish only one time. (Maybe because of it's reputation for being the longest book in the Bible?) Anyway, my pastor drew this past Sunday's sermon from a few passages and encouraged us to read the whole thing.

I liked what I heard, so I did.

And I'm not sorry.

Psalm 119 is filled with cries for deliverance, comforting truths, convicting vows, and poetic imagery. Oh, the imagery! Since Word Filled Wednesday is all about images and Scripture, I'll paste a few of the verses that made me go "wow".

v.25:
"My soul clings to the dust;
Revive me according to Your word."

v.28:
"My soul melts from heaviness;
Strengthen me according to Your word."

v.54:
"Your statutes have been my songs
In the house of my pilgrimage."

v.81:
"My soul faints for Your salvation,
But I hope in Your word."

v.103:
"How sweet are Your words to my taste,
Sweeter than honey to my mouth!"

Don't be surprised if you see one of these verses make an appearance soon. ;)

I chose Verse 88 because, out of the 176 verses, "Revive me" is the one my soul keeps echoing. I believe it was also the psalmist's prayer; he repeats that phrase nine times (by my count).

  • Revive me according to Your word. (v.25)
  • Revive me in your way (v.37)
  • Revive me in your righteousness (v.40)
  • Revive me according to your lovingkindness (v.88)
  • Revive me, oh LORD, according to your word (v.107)
  • Revive me according to your justice (v.149)
  • Revive me according to your word
  • Revive me according to your judgments (v.156)
  • Revive me, O LORD, according to Your lovingkindness. (v.159)
I urge you to spend some time in Psalm 119, and let God speak to you in Truth and in Spirit. Start a revival in your soul!

In Him,
Cathy



Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to visit Amydeanne at The 160 Acre Woods, the home of Word Filled Wednesday!



"God rewrote the text of my life
when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes."

Psalm 18:24 (Msg)