Wednesday, December 31

Ponderings, Contemplations, and Queries: He is Risen!


He Is Risen!!!


Yesterday, I left Jesus dead in the tomb, preaching to the souls in prison. I couldn't very well leave Him there, because that's not where the story, or my questions, end.


Christ also suffered when he died for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners that he might bring us safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but he was raised to life in the Spirit. 1 Peter 3:18 (NLT)


…He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison who disobeyed long ago…
1 Peter 3:18-20 (NIV)

He obviously was still “himself” in death because He never stopped preaching, even in the grave. His self (soul) did not sleep after physical death. That should put an end to my questions in that regard, hmmm?

He preached through the Spirit. So the Holy Spirit was with Him, even in Hell. Surely He prayed from Hell, too. He was still Jesus, after all. Was The Father’s face still turned away? Surely not, if the Sprit was with Him. When did God restore His favor?

What happened in / to His spirit/soul when He ascended from the grave? At the moment God restored Him to life?

What was his “state” while earthbound, before ascending to Heaven? Physically, spiritually, and soul-ly?
Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; John 20:17
What was going to happen when Jesus did ascend to His Father that would change the circumstances?
But it is actually best for you that I go away, because if I don't, the Counselor* won't come. If I do go away, he will come because I will send him to you. John 16:7 * Or Comforter, or Encourager, or Advocate. Greek Paraclete.)

The Comforter, the Holy Spirit could not come until He had ascended. Why?



Is He now in the same physical state as when He walked on the Earth after rising from the grave? Was that His glorified body?

Was He spirit before being born, like His Father?
For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth." John 4:24


Just some things I’ve been pondering . . .