Friday, December 26

Good News of Great Joy

- Act 2:38 -

Peter replied, "Each of you must turn from your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38

Baptism -- in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit: Jesus Christ. I finally got it - THIS is what Christmas all about: New life! The Word becoming flesh; God with us; Emmanuel.

When I was telling the family about our awesome Christmas Eve service at FBC, my mother in law commented that Christmas was a strange time for a baptism. I had to think about that. Hmmmm. Too bad the perfect answer didn't come to me until much later, after I was home. "What better time than Christmas to celebrate second birth? What an appropriate time to confess Christ in us, than the day we celebrate Christ WITH us?"

Behold: Madalyn Joy - born again. (With proud daddy - Pastor Charles)


Behold: Walker Hammond - born again.


I pray for these children that they will hold this day, and their confession, in their hearts, and that they will not take lightly the gift they have been given - eternal life, and the grace of God through faith in the Son, Jesus Christ.

For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9