Sunday, December 2

I Wonder... If you...? Would you... ?

I wonder…if the innkeeper had known that the pregnant woman desperately in need of a room for the night was about to deliver the Son of God…would he have given up his own quarters and made his bed with the livestock instead of apologizing that there was nowhere else for her to rest?

If you knew you were about to become the mother of God Come Down, Emmanuel, The Messiah, might you have spoken up and demanded better treatment?

I wonder…. did Joseph's face flush with anger at being turned away? Did doubt slither up and bite at his faith? Did he question God's angel-delivered promise ?

If you had been tasked the responsibility of raising God's only begotten son, trusted to be a father to a miracle, blessed with a prophetic message from God the Almighty, might you not declare your position and claim your rightly due?

The Bible gives no evidence of Joseph and Mary's reaction, nor their response, to being denied habitable lodging.


My guts tell me they didn't question God, nor did they didn't grumble or puff up. I think they humbly accepted what was kindly offered, and they praised God for the shelter of a stable, a makeshift cradle, and the warmth of hay and horse.

Oh, how they must have trusted Him!


Lord, that I would be as trusting as this young couple. That I would be as open to Your voice and as obedient to Your call. That I would so fully submit to Your will. This is my prayer. 
In Jesus' Name, Amen.


Catrina Bradley
"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes." Psalm 18:24 (Msg)