Friday, May 8

Friday Fiction: Make Hay While the Son Shines

Wow! It's Friday!!!! Praise the Lord, oh my soul. And Fridays mean FRIDAY FICTION!!


Our gracious and lovely hostess this week is Julie, on her blog, The Surrendered Scribe Please come by - she lets you write your own ending for her entry this week! How fun! Plus you'll find links to some awesome short fiction. Add your own link if you want to share your writing. We'd LOVE to have you join the fun!




When looking for something to submit today, I came across this challenge article that I didn't enter. I didn't think it felt "complete" enough. But I think I've changed my mind. Please let me know what YOU think of this ultra-short fiction piece. And since this ISN'T the challenge, I went ahead and used topic as my title. So THERE! (lol).I did change up a word, tho, just to make a point.

---------


MAKE HAY WHILE THE SON SHINES

I'm glad I don't need to be here. My soul is alive and well, no revival necessary. Not like some of these poor souls. Hey, but I'm happy to be able to come in support of the church and pray for their revival. You and I got it going on, don't we God?

"....saw a bumper sticker yesterday. I know most of you have seen it. It says, "God is my co-pilot..."

Yeah, I've got one of those! Amen, preach it Brother. I don't do anything with taking God with me! Right, God? You and me.

"...I'm here to say, God is not my CO-pilot. The pilot of an aircraft sits on the same LEVvel as the co-pilot and I am NOT on the same level as God."

I don't.. that's not what it means to me. It's just that God and I are side-by-side.. or.. working together. I..

"I don't ask God to HELP me with ENNnny thing. I ask him to DOO, and then I step aside.. and LET Him.

Ask You to do? Not to help me do? Then.. what do I do? Lord, I don't know how to do that.. or.. not do that. Help me. No, wait...

***

"I know that so many of your lives were touched by Joseph Martino. And Westside Church would not be what it is today without his years dedicated service. You could always count on Joseph to volunteer or lend a hand.

"Joseph stopped me after the revival last night and asked me to pray with him. We sat down in my office, and he confessed to me ,,, and to Jesus ... that he never really understood what it meant to be a Christian. The Truth broke him at the revival meeting last night, and he was made new in Christ, praise the Lord.

"He asked me if he could give you his testimony tonight, and make his confession public. He wanted you ALL to share in his new understanding ... Oh, if only that could be so! What a testimony to revival that would be! But, as you grieve for our brother, Joseph, also celebrate with joy, knowing he is in the presence of the Lord."


(c) Catrina Bradley 5/8/09


Siggy

"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes."
Psalm 18:24 (Msg)